CNG's service policy is to do everything we can make sure your gas equipment does its job safely, dependably, efficiently and economically.
We offer our customers services at no extra charge, and services that may require additional fees. All required fees are calculated using our hourly rates.
Investigation of Improper Ventilation, Leaks, and Odors
All leaks will be investigated and made safe without charge. However, any leak repairs and/or service performed on customer's equipment (including the relighting of extinguished pilots) will incur a service charge.
Clean, adjust, repair, and relight gas appliances when caused by quality of gas supplied is completed without charge.
Disconnect / Reconnect
Under normal circumstances, there will be no charge whenever gas service is turned on for a new customer or turned off for an existing customer.
Meters may be removed or service discontinued due to non-payment of bill, violation of Company's Rules and Regulations, for abuse, fraud or tampering with meter and connections. The charge for such a disconnection and the subsequent reconnecting will be at current labor rates.
Also where it is necessary to dig up the service pipe or connection to effect discontinuance or reconnection of service, the customer will be charged for the Company’s actual cost of the disconnection or reconnection.
In the event service is discontinued at the customer’s request and then resumed within twelve months at the same address for the same customer, a reconnecting charge of $75.00 will be made. In addition, the customer will be billed at current labor rates for the field visit to turn on and relight the gas equipment.
There Will Be Charges for:
- Diagnosis, repair and/or adjustment service on burner pilots, burners and controls on your appliances and/or equipment.
- Turning appliance or equipment pilot on or off.
- On site diagnosis relating to telemetering equipment when the Company determines that the customer has failed to properly install or maintain a telephone line and/or extension.
CNG will warranty parts replacement labor for 30 days. Actual parts cost will be warranted according to the individual manufacturers policy. If a service call for the same problem occurs within 30 days, and it does not involve the replacement of a warranted part(s), we will charge for time exceeding that charged in the initial call.
It’s Easy to Identify CNG Employees
All of our employees and contractors carry Photo ID cards. Do not accept a uniform as positive proof of identification when allowing access to your premises. If you have a doubt about the identity of someone representing themselves as agents of CNG call our 24 Hour Service Line at 860.524.8361or 203.869.6900.
Before Calling For Service, Check the Following:
- Check to see that the pilot is lit.
- Check fuses, electrical switches and electric plug.
- Check to see that thermostat setting is correct.
- Consult owner’s manual for proper control setting on ranges and dryers.
Good maintenance is critical. Keep the operation of your home’s system efficient and safe with regular service through our Service plans.
- Does the company provide heating and cooling maintenance service?
- What warranty on repairs does the company provide?
- How do I start or stop gas service with CNG?
- What do I need to know about pressure regulators and relief valves?
- Who do I contact if I need to dig on my property?
- Can snow and ice cause a safety problem for gas appliances?