Reading a gas meter is not a complicated process if you remember these steps:
- Read the meter from left to right as you face it.
- You will notice that each dial turns in the opposite direction from the dial next to it.
- Always remember to record the number the pointer has just passed
In our example dials, we have the following readings:
- Dial A the pointer turns counterclockwise, this gives us a reading of six.
- Dial B the pointer in this case turns clockwise giving us a reading of one.
- Dial C similarly the pointer has just passed five, this is our reading.
- Dial D turns like dial B giving us a one.
Note: If your meter has three dials, start at the 100 thousand dial.
Ready to send us a reading? It’s easy online.