Matching Payment Program
Our Matching Payment Program may help you manage your gas bill. With this program, we will match the payments you make to your outstanding, past-due gas utility bill when you make your required payments.
Here is what you need to do to be eligible1 for and participate in the Matching Payment Program.
Phase 1 - Enrolling is easy
- Contact us to confirm your account is coded for hardship or pre-qualify for hardship.
- Contact your local Community Action Agency, apply for energy assistance.
- Enroll in our Matching Payment Program. Assistance begins on November 1.
You will receive a matching payment in May equal to the amount you have paid to your account between November 1 - May 1, down to a zero balance.
Phase 2 - Continue making payments
- Continue making required monthly budgeted utility payment(s) on time each month.
- If you’ve made all your monthly payments on time by October 31, you are eligible for a second matching payment in November.
Complete Phase 2 and receive a second matching payment in November that will equal the amount you have paid to your account during Phase 2 of the program period (May 2 through October 31), down to a zero balance.
Be sure to make your budgeted payments on time throughout the year to receive the Matching Payment Program benefits.
For more information call 860.524.8361.
1 Must be a CNG residential customer with an income at or below 60% of the state median income, whose primary heat source is gas.