We want to make the process of starting, stopping, or transferring service in our territory simple and convenient for our customers.
We serve customers in Central Connecticut and Greenwich including:
Avon, Berlin, Bloomfield, Bolton, Canton, Coventry, East Hampton, East Hartford, Farmington, Glastonbury, Granby, Greenwich, Hartford, Hebron Manchester, Mansfield, New Britain, Newington, Portland, Rocky Hill, Simsbury, Unionville, West Hartford, Wethersfield, and Windsor.
If you have questions, please call Customer Care and someone will assist you Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm.
To Start Service
Please have the following on hand when requesting service at a new location:
- Address where gas service will be established (i.e., service address)
- Billing address if different from the service address
- Service start date (i.e., Move-in date--example format: 03/03/16)
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Second form of identification (e.g., driver's license number)
- Phone number
- The name and SSN for any other persons (e.g., spouse, child) who will be authorized to access your account
We are committed to help prevent identity theft. When you start service with us, we require at least two forms of identification (Social Security Number, driver’s license, military ID, or passport) so that we may verify your identity. If you do not wish to provide your Social Security Number via our on-line form, we will send you a letter requesting two (2) forms of valid ID. If we do not receive two forms of valid identification or are unable to validate your identification within 15 days, your service will be disconnected.
To Stop Service
Please have the following on hand when requesting service to be stopped at your current location:
- Date you wish the service to end
- Address (email or mail) where we can send your final bill
To Transfer Service
Please have the following on hand when requesting to transfer your service from one location to another:
- Address of the new service location (i.e., service address)
- Billing address if different from the new service address
- Date the old service will stop (i.e., move-out date)
- Date the new service will start (i.e., move-in date)
- Phone number for new service location
Interested in Adding Natural Gas Service to Your Home of Business?
First, check for natural gas availability in your area. Just enter your address information in our natural gas locator tool and follow the instructions for next steps.
Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all gas Rates. A copy of CNG's Rules and Regulations are on file with the Connecticut Department of Public Utility Control.
- A written application for meter installation and supply of gas will be required from each customer for each meter installed. CNG may reject an application of a former customer who is indebted to CNG.
- Any customer starting the use of natural gas without sufficient notification to enable CNG to read the meter will be held responsible for any amount due for gas supplied from the time of the last reading of meter.
- Only authorized representatives of CNG or its agents have the right to turn on, turn off, connect or disconnect a meter or service pipe; or repair maintain or disconnect other property owned by the company.
- Gas service is sold upon the express condition that it shall be supplied exclusively by CNG and that the customer shall not directly or indirectly sell, sublet, assign or otherwise dispose of the gas or any part thereof without the written consent of CNG.
- Any applicant for service and any customer to whom service is being supplied may be required to deposit a sum equal to the estimated charges for gas. Residential customers may be required to pay an amount equal to 3/12th's of a year’s estimated billing; commercial customers may be required to pay an amount equal to the estimated maximum bill for 90 days. Deposits shall be returned (1) where satisfactory credit has been established, or (2) upon termination of service, less any amount then due, together with accrued interest. Simple interest at the deposit index rate established annually in accordance with Public Act 93-242, will be allowed on all deposits from date of deposit.