Home Energy Solutions
Make Your Home Energy-Smart. Start with an Energy Assessment and On-the-Spot Services.
We continue to take extra measures to ensure the safety of our customers, contractors, and employees. We also continue to follow regional and federal health and safety guidelines. A virtual pre-assessment for Home Energy Solutions is now being offered as a safe, convenient first step for you to make energy-saving improvements. This pre-assessment is available through live, virtual discussions with a technician at no cost. Connect with us to learn more about how we can help you reduce your energy costs.
Thank you for your interest in our programs.
No matter how you heat your home, and whether you’re buying a home or updating where you live now, we can show you how a smart energy home makes life better. Energy professionals will make improvements that lower your energy bills for immediate and long term-savings.
But a smart energy home is about more than just “energy”. It’s comfort. Convenience. The health of your family. A home that works more efficiently and economically. A home you value more.
Not Just a Smarter Home. A Better Home.
Do you ever wonder how much energy you lose through leaky doors, windows, and ductwork? Do you suspect that your insulation isn’t making the grade? What about your heating system and major appliances? Wouldn’t it be great if you could have an expert give your home an energy checkup – and do some of the work right then and there? You can.
In one easy visit, utility-approved technicians will evaluate your home’s energy performance and install basic weatherization and energy-saving measures such as sealing air leaks and installing hot water pipe wrap, faucet aerators and low-flow showerheads. The average home in Connecticut receives about $1,000 in services and realizes around $200 in savings on their annual energy bills. Additionally, the technicians will provide written recommendations for deeper energy-saving measures such as insulation, high-efficiency heating and cooling, water heating, windows and appliances. To help you in making smart energy choices, your recommendations will include information on rebates and financing along with payback and investment information specific to your home.
Currently, eligible customers can enjoy all of this at a co-pay cost of $50. Customers who install certain recommended upgrades are eligible to receive a refund of their co-pay. A form will be provided at the Home Energy Solutions assessment with more information.
How Does the Program Work?
You will be contacted by a CNG-authorized contractor who will schedule your service. You can also visit EnergizeCT.com to find a contractor in your area.
The service may include:
- A home energy assessment including a blower-door test which pinpoints critical drafts and air leaks. After they are found, the technician will professionally seal them during the visit.
- A duct test to assess air leaks and air flow within the ductwork system. The technician will seal those significant leaks.
- Hot water-saving measures including low-flow showerheads and faucet aerators will be installed.
- Installation of hot water pipe wrap.
- Department of Energy Home Energy Score comprised of three parts: the score itself, facts about your home and its estimated energy use, and recommendations to improve your home’s score.
- up to 100% of qualifying insulation upgrades at $1.70/ sq. ft. with a cap of $10,000
- up to $100 for qualifying window replacements
- up to $1,500 per ton for qualifying Air Source Heat Pumps for homes heated with electric, oil*, or propane*
- up to $200 for qualifying central air conditioning systems with qualifying energy-efficient models
- up to $50 for replacement of certain inefficient appliances with qualifying energy-efficient models
- up to $650 for replacement of inefficient gas furnaces with qualifying energy-efficient models
- up to $750 for replacement of inefficient gas boilers with qualifying energy-efficient models
- A “kitchen table wrap-up” where the technician will review the work that was done in your home and tell you about recommended energy saving measures, as well as financing to help you make these energy efficiency upgrades
**For a limited amount of customers
You may be eligible for free weatherization services. Visit the Home Energy Solutions - Income Eligible page to see if you qualify.
Customized solutions for multifamily buildings or complexes with five or more units are available through the Multifamily Initiative.
For more information call 877.WISE.USE (877.947.3873).